Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope lipsticks-Brat Pack and Star System






This review has been a long time coming.  One of those things I kept meaning to do but never got round to-I took the photographs ages ago (and yes I dropped Brat Pack whilst photographing them and put a big dent in the top) but didn't actually get round to testing the lipsticks until this week!

So, these are the Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope lipsticks-possibly the most expensive lipsticks I have ever bought given they are £35 each.  Wowzers.

Lets talk packaging.  Beautiful.  Heavy gold column casing with Lipstick Queen engraved on the top of the lid, inspired by old school Hollywood glamour.

I bought these when I was going through my 'find my perfect nude' phase last year and was initially attracted to Star System.   But the girl in Space NK was wearing Brat Pack and it looked so good I succumbed.

The formula of these lipsticks are amazingly creamy and long lasting on the lips.  Especially Brat Pack-it's one of the nicest reds I own and paired with MAC Redd lipliner it lasts almost all day.

Star System is a caramel toned nude with a slight peach tone to it-its maybe slightly too warm toned for me and it can look a little bit patchy on the lips on first application-you need to apply, blot and apply again for the smoothest finish.



Brat Pack applies so smoothly, opaque in one pass and just sits so nicely on the lips.  It's a true glamorous Hollywood red. 



Both are hydrating, the finish of both is semi matte and weightless on the lips and the lasting power is exceptional.  They are, no doubt pricy and a real treat but there are such high quality and beautifully done.

I have seen some sneak peek photos of the 'Silver Screen' lipsticks and I already know I will be buying 'Play It' when they launch!




NB-should have mentioned that not all Lipstick Queen lipsticks carry this price tag-their normal lipsticks are around the £20 ish mark-yes definitely high end but not as expensive as this range of theirs.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig