Friday, October 11, 2013

Boots Haul


I think I had a relatively restrained haul from Boots on this trip to London!  Shopping list in hand I headed to one of the larger Boots on Oxford Street.  Boots had a buy two get the third free offer on which came in handy!!


I don't own any Soap and Glory make up but when I saw Antonia from Mac and Cheese and Gemma from Miss Make Up Magpie both raving about the Glow All Out Luminizing Radiance Face Powder on their blogs on the same day it went to the top of the list.  I absolutely love highlighters and both of them say this one is amazing.


I also picked up One Heck Of A Blot and have been using this since my Rimmel Stay Matte powder ran out.  And I really like it.  It's translucent so doesn't add colour, just mattifies the skin.  I go for a heavy coverage/matte finish over a dewy finish and I have been really impressed with this.  I don't think it's very handbag friendly but I use it to set my foundation before I leave home in the morning.  I actually think it's far better than the Rimmel Stay Matte.


I ummed and ahhed over picking up Benefit's new blush offering 'Rockateur'.  I was initially put off by it's seemingly super shimmery rose gold colour but I read several reviews saying it was just an overspray and the powder beneath wasn't uber shimmery.

I own several Benefit blushes and really enjoying using them all so I hope I rate this as highly.  It's very pretty!!


After loving the Maybelline The Falsies mascara which Tanya Burr raves about, I decided to pick up another beauty blogger fave drugstore mascara-L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic, loved by Anna from Vivianna Does Make Up.  Now I understand this is a new launch and the original formula loved by Anna has been discontinued but I am willing it give this one a go!


Finally I picked up something that wasn't on the list-the newly launched Blush Exclusif from Bourjois.  This cream blush adapts to the pH in your skin to create a bespoke pink colour unique to you.  I have been using this quite a bit over the past couple of weeks-it has quite a hard, dry formula but it's easy to blend out (I use the Real Techniques buffing brush after dabbing it on with my fingers) and it settles to a long lasting sugary baby pink on me. 


I have one more mini UK haul to show you-my duty free Heathrow haul-it'll be coming soon!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig