Wednesday, April 17, 2013

UK/US trip-Part 3-UK online haul

My poor old dad.  Every time I come to the UK he ends up traipsing to our local sorting office numerous times to collect packages that have been delivered to home when no one has been in.  It's become a bit of a standing joke now but I am grateful for his frequent trips to collect my online purchases!  I had 5 parcels waiting for me at home-Feel Unique, Cult Beauty, Selfridges, Michael Todd and Space NK!


And here's what was in them....

Michael Todd Organic Lemon toner, Avocado and Mango face mask and Blue Green Algae Toner

I hadn't heard of this brand before but I was intrigued whilst watching a Fleur De Force youtube video about her skincare routine.  I don't use a toner but Fleur was describing how her skin had really cleared up using the Blue Green Algae tone.  Currently unavailable in the UK, however Michael Todd ship worldwide so I ordered these 3 items to my mum and dads.  They're fairly reasonably priced-I think the toners are about £12-15 and the mask is about £22.  I've never really considered organic skincare before but it is something I have become a little bit more interested in and the Michael Todd range is totally organic.  You can find out more here

Azature nail polish

So Azature is the brand who officially make the most expensive nail polish in the world.  It retails for £160,000.  Imagine if you dropped it-or spilled it??

This is not their most expensive nail polish but it a beautiful colour from their more cost friendly £17 a bottle range.

Each bottle contains real diamonds for sparkly, princess like nails!  The range also houses champagne peach, canary yellow, black, red, emerald green and cobalt blue polishes and I have got my eye on the champagne peach colour for summer.

You can find the full range here

Look Of Love by Lipstick Queen and Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder

Look of Love

Lipsticks from the Look of Love-Saint Pinky Nude and Smitten

Oxymoron Honest Politician


L-R Saint Pinky Nude, Smitten and Honest Politician

The Celestial Powder from Kevyn Aucoin

My Space NK order comprised of 2 items-the Look of Love set from Lipstick Queen Poppy King and The Celestial Powder from Kevyn Aucoin.

The Look of Love from Lipstick Queen is a 3 piece set comprising of 2 lipsticks and a multipurpose lip/cheek gloss.  Creator Poppy King says she created this set to mimic the natural flush and rosy glow you get when you first fall in love.  The 3 products come housed in a 'book' case making this the perfect gift.  The products are designed so that you can use them alone or combined together for the ultimate 'first flush of love' glow.

Oxymoron in 'Honest Politican' can be applied to cheeks for a gentle 'lit from within' glow or to lips on its own or as a perfecting base.   Saint Pinky Nude can then be applied over the top for the perfect natural pink lip and finally Smitten can be applied as a top coat to add gloss, radiance and iridescence.

All 3 colours are incredibly wearable and hydrating.

This year I have loved discovering highlighting products.  They are not something I have really used before but now I love applying a bit of Mac 'Lightscapade' or Lorac Perfectly Lit in 'Spotlight' to the tops of my cheeks or under my brow bone.  I saw this one on one of Essie Button's youtube videos (I do love a good beauty bloggers vlog!) and I wanted to buy it immediately!!  I just love the way Estee describes things-although she is pretty bad for the old bank balance.

The Kevyn Aucoin powder only comes in one shade-Candlelight-a peachy beige, not glittery and not really even shimmery, very finely milled powder to give you an angelic glow.  And who doesn't want an angelic glow quite frankly??  It is quite expensive (£34 but if you say it quickly it doesn't seem so bad....) but is multi purpose-you can very lightly dust it over your face to set make up or you can use as a highlighter on the top of your cheeks, brow bone, cupids bow, temples etc or you can even use it in place of blusher.  The packaging is sleek and slim and the compact has a huge mirror.  Admittedly you don't get a lot of product for the price but hopefully a little will go a long way.

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa cleansing balm, Ren Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser and Ren Invisible Pores Detox Mask

Ren Number One Purity Cleansing Balm

I picked up these cleansing products from a combination of Feel Unique and Cult Beauty.  Ren is a brand that prides itself on using 'clean' ingredients and contains no synthetic nasties.  I've been using the cleansing balm for a couple of weeks now in the evenings and really like it-my skin feels really soft after using it and I am finding it removes make up very effectively.  I'm looking forward to trying the other Ren products.

The Emma Hardie cleansing balm is a pure 'beauty blogger jumping on the bandwagon' purchase.  Everyone seems to love the product but hate the packaging!  No doubt I will soon be blogging about my opinions of this cleansing balm!

Glamglow face mask

I picked up the Glamglow facemask from Feel Unique-it has been on my wish list for ages but the purchase was cemented after I read Rebecca at Be Beautiful Beauty Blog's review on it.

Alpha A Liquid Gold and Alpha H Triple Action Cleanser

After my recent success with Alpha H Liquid Gold in clearing up my skin (read my review here) I had to pick up the supersize bottle from Cult Beauty.  I also decided to splurge on one of their cleansers too-I didn't like the Balancing Cleanser as it didn't remove all my make-up effectively so I plumped for the Triple Action Cleanser instead.

Molecule 01 from Escentric Molecules

Finally from Cult Beauty I picked up something that has been on my wish list for AGES!  I've ummed and ahhed about it and finally just bit the bullet and bought it.  There was lots of buzz in the beauty blogger world about this perfume at the end of last year and I have to admit I was intrigued.  The scent apparently smells different on everyone, working with your own natural pheromones to create the scent making it completely bespoke-and apparently very sexy-think 'the Lynx' effect but even better!  I read a post by Vivianna Does MakeUp about perfume pairing and she layers this scent with 2 of her favourites.  I'm so into perfume this year but I have an extremely limited sense of smell due to severe sinus problems so I'll be asking for all my colleagues opinions on how alluring this scent really is!!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig