Sunday, April 14, 2013

UK/US trip haul-Part 2-Debenhams haul

Never one to pass on an opportunity to shop, when my mum picked me up from Manchester airport and suggested 'we nip' into the Trafford Centre I was all for it.  Four hours later and a couple of hundred pounds lighter (in monetary terms not weight sadly) we were ready for a large glass of vino and to put our feet up!

Here's what I picked up in Debenhams.

Nails Inc Feather Polishes

Nails Inc feather polishes in York and Chester

I love Nails Inc-it's a brand I really wish we could get in Dubai.  I just find them to be such an innovative brand.  I almost felt a little guilty though picking these up because one of my closest friends Anna hates birds and I knew she would hate these polishes!  Hopefully she'll laugh when she reads this that the thought even crossed my mind when I was buying them!!

Nails Inc Leather Crystals and Skulls and free gift-The Top Coat Collection

I really wanted to try the leather effect polish and my mum suggested I picked up this set with the crystals included.  I went for the red "Shoreditch Lane" and now I have had my gelish nails removed I am excited to try it.  Nails Inc had an offer on that day which was if you spent a certain amount you received a free top coat set-never one to turn down a freebie!!

Dior Addict Lipsticks in 467 Bow and 437 Charmante

Dior Addict Lipstick in Bow (top) and Charmante (bottom)
Dior Addict packaging-beautiful!


I picked up 2 lipsticks from the Dior Cherie Bow Spring collection-Bow a sheer muted pink and Charmante a sheer coral peach shot with pink shimmer.  These Dior lipsticks are very glossy and shiny-almost iridescent and like an expensive version of the Revlon Lip Butters but without the 'slip' I find you get with them.  The packaging is stunning-the clear packaging catches the light like a crystal would turning the casing purple, pink and orange in the light.  I can see me wearing these lipsticks all through the summer.

Finally I picked up two foundations-one from Christian Dior and one from Lancome.

Dior Forever Foundation and Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

I saw the Dior Forever foundation on a Tanya Burr youtube video, and the Lancome foundation was recommended by Claudia at Beauty and the Chic.  I had actually purchased this foundation in Dubai but the colour was so wrong for me when I got into natural light that it went back.  I was colour matched by the lady at the Lancome counter in Debenhams (who was brilliant and I wish I had taken her name) and felt much happier with the result.  It will be hard to decide which to use first when I finish up my Laura Mercier Silk Creme!

That's my Debenhams haul, next up as part of my UK/US trip haul posts will be the items I ordered online that were waiting for me at home at my parents!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig